Archive for July 26, 2018

World War 3: Iran threatens to send TERRORISTS to USA as it warns ALL OUT WAR is imminent

July 26, 2018

A SENIOR Iranian military commander has warned Iran is prepared launch a war and wage a campaign of terror against the United States as he hit back after incendiary tweets posted by US President Donald Trump earlier in the week.


Major-General Qassem Soleimani has said Iran was a (Image: GETTY)

By Ciaran McGrath via Express
PUBLISHED: 10:38, Thu, Jul 26, 2018 | UPDATED: 15:19, Thu, Jul 26, 2018

Source Link:
World War 3: Iran threatens to send TERRORISTS to USA as it warns ALL OUT WAR is imminent

{If war breaks out, defeat is not an option for the USA. If Iran screws with the flow of oil, you can bet they will get their mother of all wars. – LS}

And Major-General Qassem Soleimani has claimed that if the US starts a war, “Iran will finish it”.

Mr Soleimani, who heads up the Quds Force of Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guards Corps, was reported by various Iranian news agencies as having made his comments during a speech in the city of Hamedan.

He said: “As a soldier, it is my duty to respond to Trump’s threats. If he wants to use the language of threat, he should talk to me, not to president Hassan Rouhani.

“What could you have done against Iran in the past 20 years that you haven’t done already? At the end, the victory belonged to the Iranian nation.

“You know that this war will destroy all that you possess. You will start this war but we will be the ones to impose its end. Therefore you have to be careful about insulting the Iranian people and the president of our Republic.”

And in an apparent reference to acts of terror, he added: “You know our power in the region and our capabilities in asymmetric war. We will act and we will work.”

“You know that this war will destroy all that you possess. You will start this war but we will be the ones to impose its end.

“Therefore you have to be careful about insulting the Iran people and the president of our Republic.

“Trump should know that we are nation of martyrdom and that we await him.”

He also said that the Red Sea was not secure while US troops were deployed in the area.

Saudi Arabia said on Thursday it was temporarily halting all oil shipments through the strategic Red Sea shipping lane of Bab al-Mandeb after an attack on two oil tankers by Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi movement.

Yemen, where a US-backed, Saudi-led coalition has been battling the Houthis for three years, lies beside the southern mouth of the Red Sea, one of the most important trade routes in the world for oil tankers.

The state-run Mehr News Agency also quoted him as saying: “Ask your then commander about whom he sent to me to beg for coverage for the American troops against the attacks of Iraq’s Mujahideen Army until they could leave the country.

“On what background are you exactly basing your threats?”

“There is no need for Iran’s Armed Forces to get involved. I myself and the IRGC’s Quds Force are enough to face you as an adversary.”

And in a further cryptic threat, he added: “Mr Gambler Trump! I’m telling you that we are close to you exactly where you wouldn’t think that we are.”

Mr Trump’s fiery tweet was prompted by a speech delivered by Mr Rouhani at the weekend, during which he warned the US “not the pull the tiger’s tail” and said a confict between the two nations would be “the mother of all wars”.

In turn, Mr Rouhani may have been irked by US secretary of state Mike Pompeo’s characterisation of his regime as a “mafia” state, as well as the US’s withdrawal from the JPCA nuclear agreement and reimposition of sanctions on the Islamic republic.

Mr Pompeo has also encouraged dissenters within Iran, possibly in the hope of encouraging further demonstrations – SOAS professor Arshin Adib-Moghaddam yesterday told Express.co.uk this would backfire by encouraging Iranians to get behind their leadership.

In a statement read in English after a cabinet meeting yesterday, Mr Rouhani said it was not worth responding directly to Mr Trump’s comments.

He added: “The Iranian nation’s steadfastness, unity, integrity and disregarding of their threats and plots and choosing the path of resisting and attempting to foil the enemies’ plots are the most powerful response to the cheap remarks of US rulers.”

Perhaps surprisingly, Mr Trump’s opening tweet of the day did not address the situation, but rather levelled criticism at Twitter for something completely unrelated.

He posted: “Twitter “SHADOW BANNING” prominent Republicans. Not good. We will look into this discriminatory and illegal practice at once! Many complaints.”

Iranian Senior General: If the US starts a war, Iran will finish it

July 26, 2018

“As a soldier, it is my duty to respond to Trump’s threats. If he wants to use the language of threat, he should talk to me, not the president (Hassan Rouhani),” said Major General Qassem Soleimani.

By Anna Ahronheim
July 26, 2018 15:47
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Iranian-Senior-General-Should-the-US-start-a-war-Iran-will-finish-it-563515

Iran’s Rouhani warns US of ‘mother of all wars,’ July 22, 2018 (Reuters)

Iran’s commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Quds Force Maj.-Gen. Qassem Soleimani warned US President Donald Trump against threatening Iran, promising that were the US to begin a war Iran would finish it.
“Gambler Trump! I alone will stand against you. We, the Iranian nation, have gone through tough events. You [may] begin a war, but it is us who will end it. Go ask your predecessors [about it]. So stop threatening [us]… We are ready to stand against you,” Soleimani was quoted as saying by Iran’s Tasnim News Agency in the central city of Hamedan.
“We are near you, where you can’t even imagine… Come. We are ready,” he said.
Earlier in the week, Trump threatened Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Twitter, warning in text written in all caps locks of unprecedented “consequences” if Tehran would threaten Washington:
“NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!”

On Thursday
, Soleimani addressed Trump’s tweet, which came after Rouhani threatened that “war with Iran is the mother of all wars.”
“As a soldier, it is my duty to respond to Trump’s threats. If he wants to use the language of threat, he should talk to me, not to the president [Rouhani],” Soleimani said.
Soleimani, one of the most prominent and influential military figures in Iran also mentioned the war in Afghanistan and the 2006 war between Israel and Hezbollah:
“What the hell could you do during the 33-day war with the evil Israeli regime, which is like a weight hanging around your ankles? You experienced all sorts of defeats and setbacks and you are telling us what errors you can commit in Gaza? Is it not that you accepted Hezbollah’s conditions for ending the war?
“What have you been able to do [to us] over the past 20 years that you did not do? And [you] are threatening us now?” he asked.
Soleimani’s words come as tensions have risen between both the United States and Iran as well as between Israel and the Islamic Republic.
Israeli officials have repeatedly voiced concerns over the growing Iranian presence on its borders and the smuggling of sophisticated weaponry to Hezbollah from Tehran to Lebanon via Syria, stressing that both are redlines for the Jewish State.
Israel has admitted to having carried out one hundred strikes in Syria against Iranian and Hezbollah targets and is suspected of carrying out hundreds of others.

On Wednesday
, the commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Aerospace Force Brig.-Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh stated that the IRGC’s fighter jets will be equipped with cruise missiles with a range of 1,500 kilometers.
Hajizadeh made the announcement on the sidelines of a ceremony in Tehran where 10 Sukhoi Su-22 fighter jets had been upgraded with new systems that would allow them to carry and fire smart and cluster bombs as well as air-to-ground and air-to-air missiles with pinpoint accuracy, Tasnim said.

‘War will destroy everything you own,’ head of Iran’s elite troops warns Trump

July 26, 2018
https://www.rt.com/news/434302-iran-quds-warns-trump/
Iranian troops during a parade in Tehran. September 2007 © Morteza Nikoubazl / Reuters
US President Donald Trump will lose everything he has if he dares to wage war against Iran, the commander of the nation’s elite Quds Force warned. He also cautioned that the Red Sea is no longer safe with a US presence.

The war with Iran “will destroy everything you own,” Major General Qassem Soleimani warned Trump on Thursday, local TV channel Al-Alam reported. His comment comes after US and Iranian leaders exchanged public threats, and Washington proposed to block Iranian oil shipment.

Speaking at a memorial event in the western Iranian city of Hamadan, Soleimani said that the Red Sea, an important shipping route, “is no longer safe” due to the American presence in the region.

Read more

FILE PHOTO © Luisa Gonzalez/REUTERS

The head of the Quds Force also cautioned Trump against further public outbursts against Tehran. “You must understand what you’re saying when insulting the Iranian people and our president,” he said.

US-Iranian relations deteriorated dramatically since Trump pulled out of the landmark Iran nuclear accord, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), in May. He labeled the deal “defective at its core” and cited mistrust against Tehran.

Despite the US claims, the International Atomic Energy Agency confirmed in a series of consecutive reports that Tehran had been fulfilling the terms of the agreement.

Washington reversed its policy of gradually lifting the existing sanctions imposed on Iran. At the same time, the US Treasury Department introduced a new set of restrictions targeting Iranian officials.

Trump’s decision to ditch JCPOA was heavily criticized by China, Russia and the EU who are also signatories to the deal. Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that the unilateral withdrawal from the agreement by the US shows that Washington “can’t be trusted” to stick to international commitments.

Saudi Arabia WAR THREAT: Oil tankers BOMBED – Saudis BAN exports through Red Sea straits

July 26, 2018

IRAN-BACKED Yemeni rebels aligned have launched an attack on two oil tankers passing through the strategically important Red Sea shipping lane of Bab al-Mandeb – prompting Saudi Arabia to announce that was “temporarily halting” all oil shipments along the route.


Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih (Image: GETTY)

By Ciaran McGrath via Express
PUBLISHED: 07:27, Thu, Jul 26, 2018 | UPDATED: 09:36, Thu, Jul 26, 2018

Source Link:
Saudi Arabia WAR THREAT: Oil tankers BOMBED – Saudis BAN exports through Red Sea straits

{The oil blockade begins. Note that Iran is using a proxy. Now we know why Yemen was so important to the Mullahs. Look for US Navy intervention soon. – LS}

In a move which is sure to inflame tensions still further in the region after the recent war of words between US President Donald Trump and Iranian opposite number Hassan Rouhani, Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said the Houthi movement had attacked two Saudi Very Large Crude Carriers (VLCCs) in the Red Sea on Wednesday morning, one of which sustained minimal damage.

A statement issued by Mr al-Falih’s ministry said: ”Saudi Arabia is temporarily halting all oil shipments through Bab al-Mandeb Strait immediately until the situation becomes clearer and the maritime transit through Bab al-Mandeb is safe.”

Yemen, where a Saudi-led coalition has been battling the Houthis in a three-year war, lies beside the southern mouth of the Red Sea, one of the most important trade routes in the world for oil tankers. The tankers pass near Yemen’s shores while heading from the Middle East through the Suez Canal to Europe.

The Saudi coalition intervened in Yemen’s civil war in 2015 to restore the internationally recognised government of exiled president Abd-Rabbu Mansour Had. Saudi Arabia accuses regional arch-foe Iran of supplying missiles to the Houthis, which both Tehran and the Houthis deny.

The Western-backed coalition of Sunni Muslim states which Saudi Arabia leads launched an offensive in June to wrest Yemen’s main port of Hodeidah from the Houthis in a bid to cut off the primary supply line of the movement, which holds the most populated areas of Yemen including the capital Sanaa.

Earlier this month, the alliance called a halt to the offensive to give UN efforts a chance to reach a political solution that would avert an assault on the port, a lifeline for millions of Yemenis. The United Nations fears an all-out assault on the port risks triggering a famine in the impoverished country.

Most exports from the Gulf that transit the Suez Canal and the SUMED Pipeline also pass through Bab al-Mandeb strait. An estimated 4.8 million barrels per day of crude oil and refined petroleum products flowed through this waterway in 2016 towards Europe, the United States and Asia, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

The Bab al-Mandeb strait, where the Red Sea meets the Gulf of Aden in the Arabian Sea, is only 20 km (12 miles) wide, making hundreds of ships potentially an easy target.

The ministry statement said both tankers that were attacked were operated by Saudi shipping company Bahri, which had earlier said that one of its VLCCs had suffered minor damage in an incident in the Red Sea, without elaborating.

Mr al-Falih said: “The two million barrels capacity for each tanker were full of crude oil cargo at the time and were headed for export. One of the VLCCs sustained minimal damage.

“Fortunately, there were no injuries or oil spill that would have resulted in catastrophic environmental damage. Efforts are currently underway to move the damaged ship to the nearest Saudi port.”

One of the coalition’s main justifications for intervening in Yemen’s war in 2015 was to protect shipping routes such as the Red Sea. It has said it foiled previous attacks there in April and May.


The tankers were attacked in Bab al-Mandeb strait of the Red Sea (Image: GETTY)

The coalition said in a statement carried by Saudi state media on Wednesday that the Houthi movement had attacked one oil tanker west of Yemen’s Hodeidah port, but did not name the vessel or describe how it was attacked.

It said: “Thankfully the attack failed due to immediate intervention of the Coalition’s fleet.”

No details of what this intervention entailed were provided.

The Houthis’ Al Masirah TV had said on Twitter that they had targeted a warship named the Dammam off the western coast of Yemen in what the group later said was a missile attack.

Oil barrels
Saudi Arabia is one of the world’s biggest oil exporters

In a separate statement carried on the Houthi-run SABA news agency, the group said it had also targeted a coalition frigate off the coast of al-Durayhmi in southern Hodeidah.

The Houthis, who have also launched missile attacks on Saudi cities, including the capital Riyadh, have threatened to block the strait of Bab al-Mandeb several times to force the coalition to stop its air strikes.

On Thursday, Houthi leader Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said the group’s navy had the capacity to reach the high seas and Saudi ports.

He tweeted: ”We were taking into consideration to keep the navigation through Bab al-Mandeb safe, and to not provide the aggression forces an excuse that the waterway is under threat.”

The coalition has carried out a campaign of thousands of air strikes and restricted imports into Yemen, worsening what the United Nations says is potentially the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

UK Jewish newspapers label Labour leader Corbyn an ‘existential threat’

July 26, 2018

Source: UK Jewish newspapers label Labour leader Corbyn an ‘existential threat’ – Israel Hayom

Defying US sanctions threat, Turkey to maintain Iran ties 

July 26, 2018

Source: Defying US sanctions threat, Turkey to maintain Iran ties – Israel Hayom

Iran’s Quds Force chief warns US: War will destroy you

July 26, 2018

Source: Iran’s Quds Force chief warns US: War will destroy you – Israel Hayom