Iran shows ‘retrieved sections of US military drone,’ says it warned U.S. 

Source: Iran shows ‘retrieved sections of US military drone,’ says it warned U.S. – Middle East – Jerusalem Post

The head of the Revolutionary Guards aerospace division said he would say more about the debris later.

BY REUTERS, JERUSALEM POST STAFF
 JUNE 21, 2019 14:53
Iran shows 'retrieved sections of U.S. military drone,' says it warned U.S.

Iranian state television on Friday showed what it said were retrieved sections of a U.S. military drone downed by Iran.

Amir Ali Hajizadeh, head of the Revolutionary Guards aerospace division, said on the program that the debris was proof that the U.S. drone had been over Iranian territorial waters when it was shot down by the Guards.

He further stated that Iran had warned the US several times before shooting down the drone, but that the US didn’t respond.

Hajizadeh said the debris were picked up from Iranian territorial waters.

Pieces of the American drone that was allegedly shot down by Iran

Pieces of the American drone that was allegedly shot down by Iran

A piece of the American drone that was allegedly shot down by Iran

iPieces of the American drone that was allegedly shot down by Iran
US President Donald Trump called Iran’s shooting down of a US military drone on Thursday a new fly in the ointment and claimed that it may have been a mistake.

Trump told reporters in the Oval Office that the drone was unarmed and clearly over international waters, adding that it could have been shot down by someone “loose and stupid.

”He also said the US has documented that its drone was above international waters, not Iranian territory, as Tehran claims. When asked how the US will respond, he said, “You’ll find out.”

On Friday morning the New York Times reported that Trump approved strikes against Iranian radar and missile batteries in retaliation for the downing of the drone. After warplanes and ships were ready to carry out the order, Trump cancelled the strikes.

Iranian officials told Reuters on Friday that Tehran had received a message from U.S. President Donald Trump through Oman overnight, warning that a U.S. attack on Iran was imminent.

“In his message, Trump said he was against any war with Iran and wanted to talk to Tehran about various issues … he gave a short period of time to get our response but Iran’s immediate response was that it is up to Supreme Leader (Ayatollah Ali) Khamenei to decide about this issue,” one of the officials told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

The second official said: “We made it clear that the leader is against any talks, but the message will be conveyed to him to make a decision … However, we told the Omani official that any attack against Iran will have regional and international consequences.”

 

Explore posts in the same categories: Uncategorized

4 Comments on “Iran shows ‘retrieved sections of US military drone,’ says it warned U.S. ”

  1. wingate Says:

    Houston – we have a problem :

    Deterrence looks different…

    Assuming the uranian medieval terror dictators already have nukes –
    I can understand why the US gov. is
    hesitating….

    Now what? Constantly giving in ?
    The problem is that the uranian medieval terror dictators should have been removed 10yrs ago…

    • wingate Says:

      Our thanks go to former US prez. mr barak hussein ohbama – or should I say barry soetero ?
      well – the cv of this man is a question mark as much as his actions are…

  2. M he Says:

    This destiny is waiting for israel too.

  3. Mr. Cohen Says:

    In 1958, former director of UNRWA Ralph Galloway
    declared angrily while in Jordan:

    “The Arab states do NOT want to solve
    the [Palestinian] refugee problem.

    They want to keep it as an open sore,
    as an affront to the United Nations,
    and as a weapon against Israel.

    Arab leaders do not give a damn
    whether Arab refugees live or die.”

    SOURCE: From Time Immemorial:
    The Origins of the Arab-Jewish Conflict over Palestine

    (chapter 2, page 23) by Joan Peters, year 1984, JKAP Publications

    ===================================
    “Notwithstanding the facts, the Arab world
    has assiduously worked to build the myth
    that no jobs were available in Arab lands
    for Arab refugees in 1948 or since…”

    SOURCE: From Time Immemorial:
    The Origins of the Arab-Jewish Conflict over Palestine

    (chapter 2, page 22) by Joan Peters, 1984, JKAP Publications


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s